Manufactured by top ukulele maker Kanile'a, the beauty and high-quality sound of the Islander MST-4 tenor ukulele are what makes it the most popular Islander Ukulele instrument. With its beautiful all solid mahogany top, back and sides, this model also features a quality satin finish. The open gear tuners help tuning stability and this model is fitted with Aquila Corde strings which add to a vibrant tone.
One of the most distinctive features of this range of ukuleles is the wider fingerboard which allows for greater comfort when playing chords and is ideal for fingerpicking too.
The Islander range is also fitted with bridge pins for easier string changes.
- All solid Mahogany front, back and sides
- Tortoise binding on the front of 'ukulele
- Abalone Rosette around sound hole
- 19 Silver-Nickel Frets
- Abalone Fret position Marks at 3rd, 5th,7th,10th and 12th frets
- Dark Walnut Fingerboard and Bridge with nickel fret wire
- Black Bridge Pins
- Mahogany neck
- Satin Finish
- NuBone nut and saddle
- Chrome Geared Tuners with Black Buttons (14:1 turning ratio)
- Aquila strings
- 17" Tenor Scale (Distance from Nut to Saddle)
- 26-1/4" Overall body length
- 11-7/8" Body length
- 6-3/4" Upper Bout
- 9" Lower Bout
- 5-1/2" Waist
- 3-1/8" tapered to 3-5/8" Arched Back Body depth
- 1-1/2" Nut width