Arpad Pejtsik - Cello and Piano 2
Two volumes entitled Cello Meets Piano, edited and published by Árpád Pejtsik, were issued many years ago by the Könemann Music Budapest. The first edition was quickly sold out, and no further editions followed. EMB has undertaken to issue a new edition entitled Cello & Piano, with the content unchanged. The two volumes contain a selection from 200 years of music.
Eight Baroque sonatas are included, apart from the famous D minor one by Corelli there are some that are appearing in a modern edition for the first time in 300 years. In addition to cyclical works (Haydn: Sonatina, Mozart: Divertimento, Vivaldi: Concerto) and sets of variations (Beethoven, Tartini) there are many shorter pieces as well, not only the famous minuets by Boccherini, Mozart and Beethoven but also works published for the first time here.
Virtuoso pieces are represented by Goltermann's Etude-caprice and Jenkinson’s Dance of the sylphids, the lighter kind include Joplin's Ragtime.
1. Aldrovandini, G. A. V.: Sonata
2. Bella, Domenico dalla: Sonata
3. Boni, Pietro Giuseppe Gaetano: Sonata Op. 1, No. 5
4. Passionei, Carlo: Sonata
5. Bach, Johann Sebastian: Air, BWV 1068/II
6. Tartini, Giuseppe: L'arte del arco
7. Haydn, Joseph: Sonatina, Hob. XI:101, 5, 108
8. Albrechtsberger, Johann Georg: Scherzando
9. Boccherini, Luigi: Minuetto
10. Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus: Divertimento, from KV 487
11. Beethoven, Ludwig van: Andante con variazioni, WoO 44b
12. Schubert, Franz: Ave Maria, Op. 52, No. 6
13. Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix: Lied ohne Worte, Op. 19, No. 4
14. Schumann, Robert: Schlummerlied, Op. 124, No. 16
15. Goltermann, Georg: Étude-caprice, Op. 54, No. 4
16. Tchaikovsky, P. I.: Chanson triste, Op. 40, No. 2
17. Dvorák, Antonín: Appassionato, Op. 75, No. 3
18. Massenet, Jules: Air de Ballet (Scene pittoresque)
If you would like to ask any questions about this product then please contact us for assistance.