- 33% lighter than standard alto saxophone
- Ideal for young beginners
- Key positioning suits players with smaller hands
- UK Music Industry 'Best Woodwind & Brass instrument of the Year' 2014
Trevor James Alphasax in lacquer
The new Alphasax is based around the original body tube of an alto saxophone with completely redesigned mechanism and tone hole positioning. This ensures that the desire that the instrument looked and played like a normal alto sax was kept.
Key and Mechanism
The Alphasax in the key of Eb, with a full two octave chromatic facility using established finger positioning to enable the smaller player to learn the alto saxophone using current study books. New and innovative mechanism has enabled us to maintain the finger
positioning of a normal saxophone.
Key and Mechanism Detail
- The left hand palm keys for top D#, E and F have been removed.
- The top D key has been adjusted to fit small hands.
- The low B & Bb keys have been removed.
- Redesigned G# and low C# keys are now easier to reach.
- The right hand side F# keys and side C key have been removed.
- Redesigned low D# and C keys are now easier to reach.
- The Alphasax retains a fully chromatic range from low C to high D.
- Bb bis and side Bb keys are retained.
The Alphasax Solution
- Problematic keys have been removed or redesigned for extra comfort.
- The weight has been reduced by an amazing 33%.
At only 1.86kg in weight the revolutionary Alphasax saxophone is 33% lighter than the traditional alto saxophone.
A new lightweight (1.48kg) moulded case with backpack straps is included along with a padded neckt strap, mouthpiece, cap and single screw ligature. A Vandoren reed completes the package.The Alphasax is therefore an incredible 3.34kg in its carry case (compared to the usual 4.9kg + of the standard alto saxophone). A stunning 46% lighter!
I you would like to ask any questions about this product then please contact us for assistance.