Inspired by centuries of tradition and decades of fine bow making experience, the CodaBow MARQUISE GS is the Gold Standard of master bows. Designed by the leaders of advanced bowmaking, the GS delivers exquisite handling and expressive sound once reserved only for the finest master bows. Uni-directional carbon fiber extends continuously from button to tip for heightened response and sensitivity. Expertly blended advanced and organic fibers offer a tonal vibrancy and resonance unprecedented by any other carbon fiber bow. Supple in the hand and vibrant to the ear, the CodaBow MARQUISE GS appeals to professional players more than any other.
The Gold Standard for Master Level Bows
Natural Acoustic Core
A meticulously crafted Natural Acoustic Core is comprised of a medley of organic plant fibers delivering a rich, organic experience. Decades of experience has taught us that creating superior, sophisticated sound requires more than just carbon fiber.
Unidirectional Carbon Fiber
Natural and elegant, In-Touch ™ architecture offers the first-ever unidirectional carbon fibers running continuously from button to tip on both sides of the shaft. This break-through technology allows a player’s fingertips to sense the bow’s full-length dynamics and response as never before, emulating the grain structure of the finest Pernambuco bows.
All high-wear components (including tip plate, tip wedge, and button bearings) are precision made using industry-leading composite materials to ensure a lifetime of worry-free play.
Xebony Frog Solution
An elegant solution to the worlds endangered supply of instrument-grade ebony, Xebony is a proprietary blend of natural fibers and resin that boasts rich luster and natural grain, impressing players and bow makers alike. Stronger and more durable than natural ebony, Xebony offers peace of mind while preserving endangered resources.
Global Bow Design
GlobalBow® designation ensures that our bows contain no endangered, monitored, or regulated species (wildlife or fauna) and can pass worry-free through international Customs.
- Advanced & Organic Fibres: Inspired by centuries of tradition and decades of fine bow making experience, the GS delivers exquisite handling and expressive sound once reserved only for the finest master bows. Both advanced and organic fibres expertly blended bestow natural response, sensitivity, and beauty.
- 100% Kevlar Acoustic Core: The Pure Kevlar acoustic core fibres which run through the bow helps to provide more power in the bowing action, whilst still offering the natural sensitivity and tonal characteristics of fine Pernambuco wood.
- In-Touch™ Technology: In-Touch™ Technology uses unidirectional carbon fibres running from button to tip. The bi-lateral positioning of the fibres connects the player precisely to the tip and transmits their energy directly to the violin. This architecture enhances lateral stability, offers superior tracking, and gives exceptional response. More supple than its Diamond cousins, the bow appeals to players seeking experience in the finest French tradition.
- Identity: Each Marquise has its own unique identification number. When registered with Codabow, this number will activate the lifetime warranty, and entitle the original owner to a complement of priority workshop services, including rehairing, model upgrades, and customisation.
- Crafted from Xebony: XEBONY® is an elegant solution to the world's endangered supply of instrument-grade Ebony. Comprised of organic fibres and resin, XEBONY® boasts a rich lustre and natural grain that impresses players and bow makers alike. Stronger and more durable than natural Ebony, XEBONY® offers improved performance while conserving our endangered resources.
- GlobalBow™: Contains no endangered, regulated, or monitored species (wildlife or fauna), and pass freely through international Customs so players avoid the travel concerns of traditional bows.
- Sterling Silver Fittings
- Sterling Silver Winding
- Moroccan Leather Grip
- Fibre-Reinforced Composite Tip Plate
- Gold Medal Stallion Hair
- Tone Colour: Vibrant, Rich, Expressive
- Balance Profile: Centre-Frog Balanced
- Weight Profile: Medium-Heavy
- Action Profile: Moderate-Supple
- Stiffness Profile: Medium-Soft