Bold and brilliant, the CodaBow JOULE boasts a powerful resonance on the bottom strings and strong projection across all ranges. Unattainable with traditional materials, the innovative design of the shaft adds more mass to critical performance areas while preserving a balanced weight and comfortable flexibility. This unique design allows the bow to grab the string and speak effortlessly whether playing deep whole tones or percussive chops. Particularly well-suited to extended-range and electric instruments, the CodaBow JOULE is the strong favorite for all high-octane performances.
Turbo Xebony Frog
Breakthrough Turbo Xebony Frog design focused on offloading weight under the hand and providing more space for bowing techniques at the frog
Blended Acoustic Core
The innovative fiber blend (Kevlar and S-Glass) and architecture give this design impressive power that belies its quickness and facility.
Layered Diamond Weave
Multiple layers of our pioneering Diamond Weave technology give the JOULE high torsional strength while preserving desired longitudinal flexibility. This enhancement allows players to command the string without collapsing the bow and while still retaining nuance of expression. Popular with players seeking to get more potential out of their instruments and with players of extended-range instruments.
All high-wear components (including tip plate, tip wedge, and button bearings) are precision made using industry-leading composite materials to ensure a lifetime of worry-free play.
Global Bow Design
GlobalBow® designation ensures that our bows contain no endangered, monitored, or regulated species (wildlife or fauna) and can pass worry-free through international Customs.
- Graphite Diamond Weave: The Graphite Diamond Weave is woven in Codabow's traditional design, to produce the highly sought balance between strength and balance. The fibres extend from the button to the tip of the bow, ensuring an evenness of balance across the entirety of the bow.
- 100% Kevlar Acoustic Core: The Pure Kevlar acoustic core fibres which run through the bow helps to provide more power in the bowing action, whilst still offering the natural sensitivity and tonal characteristics of fine Pernambuco wood.
- Turbo Design Xebony Frog: The Turbo Design frog made by Walter Paulus, is made out of one of the only resourceful alternatives to the threatened supply of Ebony which has been named Xebony. This material provides a natural feel which continues to impress bow makers and performers alike. The Turbo Design preserves playing position while maintaining dynamic balance, while allowing the maximum amount of hair length to be utilised.
- Crafted from Xebony: XEBONY® is an elegant solution to the world's endangered supply of instrument-grade Ebony. Comprised of organic fibres and resin, XEBONY® boasts a rich lustre and natural grain that impresses players and bow makers alike. Stronger and more durable than natural Ebony, XEBONY® offers improved performance while conserving our endangered resources.
- GlobalBow™: Contains no endangered, regulated, or monitored species (wildlife or fauna), and pass freely through international Customs so players avoid the travel concerns of traditional bows.
- Nickel Silver Fittings
- Sterling Silver Winding
- Moroccan Leather Grip
- Fibre-Reinforced Composite Tip Plate
- Gold Medal Stallion Hair