Exclusively on vinyl, come 17 hugely influential artists and tracks that exploded from the punk phenomenon of the late 1970’s.
Essential punk classics from Siouxsie & The Banshees, Iggy Pop, The Ruts and The Members (whose anthem gives this compilation its title) are here alongside legendary new-wave tracks from The Buzzcocks, Blondie, The Skids and The Only Ones as well as the #1 ‘Rat Trap’ from The Boomtown Rats.
This period produced many amazing songwriters and interpreters which are included, namely Elvis Costello, Joe Jackson, Squeeze and Patti Smith’s performance of the Bruce Springsteen penned ‘Because The Night’. As the ‘70s ended, The Jam and The Clash produced some of their most seminal work and the next wave of new wave artists emerged with both Adam & The Ants and The Cure completing this journey through a selection of bone-fide essential tracks that every vinyl collection should contain.
1. Going Underground - The Jam
2. Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Should't've)? - The Buzzcocks
3. Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie & The Banshees
4. Hanging On the Telephone - Blondie
5. Rat Trap - The Boomtown Rats
6. Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
7. Cool for Cats - Squeeze
8. Is She Really Going Out With Him? - Joe Jackson
9. Because the Night - Patti Smith Group
10. Bankrobber - The Clash
11. The Sound of the Suburbs - The Members
12. Babylon's Burning - The Ruts
13. Lust for Life - Iggy Pop
14. Another Girl, Another Planet - The Only Ones
15. Into the Valley - Skids
16. Dog Eat Dog - Adam & The Ants
17. Boys Don't Cry - The Cure