Our keyboard department says:
"Very popular USB controller keyboard. 25 keys, 8 pads, arpeggiator, joystick and a wealth of bundled software. Put it in your laptop bag and make music anywhere".
The best just got better
The MPK Mini series has been championed by some of the most well-known producers in the world. Thanks to the compact design and the wide range of controls, the MPK Mini cemented itself as one of the most celebrated MIDI controllers on the market. With this in mind, Akai set out to retain the classic features everyone loves with an updated look and keybed.
The new and improved keybed (Gen 2) has been optimised to capture every nuance of your performance, providing maximum expression for highly accurate articulation. From creating loops and full songs, the MPK Mini MK3 provides you with everything you need to get there.
Classic-style MPC pads and endless encoders
Some MIDI keyboards have performance pads, but none measure up to the feel and design of the MPK Mini. Taking inspiration from classic gear such as the MPC 2000, the MPK Mini incorporates classic-style MPC pads that have the same feel and touch as the vintage drum machines.
MPC pads are renowned for their dynamic feel and expressiveness, reacting to your touch with precision. The eight onboard velocity-sensitive pads are ideal for chopping samples, finger-drumming, creating melodies and much more.
Accompanying the pads are eight rotary knobs. The “endless” encoders allow you to dial in parameters with ease, perfect for controlling automation, volume and other settings. Simply assign any of the encoders to a parameter within your music software and dial in your settings without boundaries.
Built-in arpeggiator, note repeat and 4-way joystick
Everything you need to create. The MK3 sees the return of fan-favourite controls including the four-way joystick. The joystick is an innovative way to interact with sounds, virtual instruments, parameters and settings. Combine rhythm and melody with the onboard arpeggiator, perfect for building on melodic ideas and inspiring new ideas.
The control panel is highly flexible, putting you in the driving seat at every step of your music-making journey. Also included is the “note repeat” function which allows you to press a note, trigger a sound and that sound repeat over and over. Note repeat can be highly useful for inputting hi-hats and other percussive elements.
Complete with Music Production Starter kit and over 1,500 sounds
Complete with the MPK Mini MK3 is the Complete Music Production Starter Kit which provides you with everything you need to create music straight out of the box. The Starter Kit is comprised of a variety of software and virtual instruments including: MPC Beats, six powerful virtual instruments (Bassline, TubeSynth, Electric, Hybrid 3, Mini Grand, Velvet) and 2 gigabytes of exclusive sound content.
The sound content is packed with genre-defying sample collections, curated by some of the most renowned sound designers in the world. Sound designers employed to create these collections include: F9 Instruments, Decap, Sample Tools by Cr2, MSX Sound Design and more. From hard-hitting snares to in-your-face 808s and even melodic loops, the MPK Mini MK3 has it all.
- Compact MIDI keyboard controller with 25 mini keys
- Redesigned generation 2 keybed provides exceptional dynamic expression and articulation
- Crisp OLED display for immediate parameter feedback
- Eight bankable MPC performance pads with note repeat and full level functions
- Eight “endless” encoders for dialling in levels, settings and automation
- Four-way joystick for pitch and modulation control
- Class-compliant USB connectivity
- Built-in arpeggiator
- 1500+ sounds and everything you need for pro production
- Complete with Music Production Starter Kit including: MPC Beat, 6 virtual instruments (Bassline, Tubesynth, Electric, Hybrid 3, Mini Grand, Velvet) and 2GB of sound content
- Compact size coupled with a sturdy design
- Note Keys: 25 velocity-sensitive keys; 10-octave range with octave up/down buttons
- Pads: 8 assignable backlit pads, velocity- and pressure-sensitive; 2 banks
- Knobs: 8 assignable 360-degree knobs
- X-Y Controller: 1 configurable thumbstick with 3 modes
- 1 x USB port
- 1 x 1/4-inch (6.35mm) TS input for sustain pedal
- Power: USB bus powered
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 31.8cm x 18.1cm x 4.4cm (12.5" x 7.13" x 1.75")
- Weight: 0.75 kg (1.65 lbs.)
|Product Code||MPK Mini Mk 3|
|Number of Keys||25|
|Keyboard Features||Touch Sensitive, Controller|